Why You Shouldn't Put Off Your Dental Cleaning
Even though you take care of your teeth and have proper dental health, it’s imperative to have yearly dental exams and thorough cleanings. At ACE Dental of New Braunfels, we detect indications of tooth decay and periodontal disease during your appointment. When these are identified in the beginning stages, they can usually be addressed quickly. However, if more detrimental conditions aren't addressed, they might cause worrisome concerns, like gum recession.
Professional teeth cleanings give our New Braunfels, TX hygienists the chance to eliminate plaque and tartar, as well as clean your tooth enamel to produce a gorgeous smile. Allow us to help you and your loved ones preserve your dental health with family oral care. The American Dental Association advises children, teens, and adults to have their teeth cleaned a minimum of twice each year. For individuals with past or present gum disease or who have metal orthodontics, more frequent cleanings might be recommended.
What happens at a dental cleaning?
During your initial exam at ACE Dental of New Braunfels, our staff will begin by examining your teeth and gums. Next, our team will take an x-ray to detect whatever problems we may not see with our eyes alone. If we notice any problems, we will craft a unique treatment program for you. Tooth decay is typically taken care of prior to your teeth cleaning, while other more invasive procedures could call for a second visit to our New Braunfels, TX practice. Throughout your cleaning, our hygienist will remove any buildup on the enamel with advanced dental tools. As soon as your teeth and gums are free of plaque and tartar, your enamel is polished to remove unwanted stains. Our skilled hygienists will give tips to our patients about the ways to properly care for their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Why you shouldn't cancel your biannual cleaning
At ACE Dental of New Braunfels, our team knows there are countless reasons why you should never procrastinate a twice-yearly dental cleaning, such as:
- Preventing tooth decay: Getting your enamel polished biannually lets our team identify cavities immediately. When you put off seeing a dentist for a long time, this infection can spread throughout the tooth, meaning we cannot save it. This situation will call for a dental restoration.
- Addressing periodontal disease as soon as possible: When periodontal disease is left untreated, it might lead to damaged gums, bone deterioration, and loose teeth. If you notice red or bleeding gums, arrange a visit at our New Braunfels, TX facility for periodontal disease treatment.
- Preserving the beauty of your smile: Biannual cleanings allow your teeth to stay as luminous as possible. During your appointment, we polish your enamel to make it look bright.
- Fresh breath: Twice-yearly cleanings keep halitosis at bay since they eradicate plaque buildup, which could be the primary cause of chronic bad breath.
- Receiving an oral pathology screening: At your appointment, we will examine your oral structures (like the tongue, lips, mouth, and even lymph nodes) to detect signs of an irregularity. If detected promptly, oral cancer may be addressed efficiently.
- Maintain your health: Your oral health could hurt your total health. Advanced gum disease may also lead to cardiovascular complications. Routine dental care has been exhibited to reduce your odds of stroke.
- Saving money on treatments: If you take care of dental health issues promptly, these could be treated with quick options. But if you procrastinate on receiving care, you may require more expensive and invasive treatments.
Call for a professional cleaning to preserve your oral wellness
Ensure that your smile is happy and healthy with biannual dental cleanings at ACE Dental of New Braunfels. Our general care facility in New Braunfels, TX provides preventive treatment to help with tooth decay prevention and minimize your risk of getting gum disease.