Ten Techniques to Defend Against Enamel Erosion
Knowledge is necessary in the fight to keep cavities, periodontal disease, and different conditions at bay. This is why our team at ACE Dental of New Braunfels wants to teach prevention. In the event that these big problems impact your oral health, they’re typically more difficult to take care of, expensive, and time consuming. Great dental hygiene is the most critical line of defense for making sure your mouth stays in tip-top condition. Our New Braunfels, TX team is excited to share some great tips to help make sure your teeth are healthy, resilient, and gorgeous for many years.
- Chew sugarless gum. Countless patients don't know that sugar-free gum could help protect against cavities. Chewing gum encourages greater saliva production in the mouth, which is important because saliva is the primary agent in charge of both offsetting and washing away the acid from foods we eat that may eventually wear away your teeth’s outer layer, leading to tooth decay.
- Be proactive. If you experience the signs of tooth decay, it’s vital to visit your dentist for an exam. In many cases, the first sign of decay is constant dental tenderness. You may notice an intense pain once you consume food or beverages that are hot or cold. As tooth decay advances, you could experience migraines, tooth pain, tooth discoloration, or noticeable areas of erosion.
- Schedule appointments with your dentist every six months. Twice-yearly dental cleanings and examinations are essential for not only cleaning your teeth thoroughly but also evaluating the state of your teeth and gum tissues. Your oral health is based on knowing what’s happening inside of your mouth. During your consultation, your enamel will be brushed and polished, and your dental practitioner will provide an in-depth assessment of your mouth to look for any complications. The quicker the dental complications are identified, the faster treatment may take place.
- Eat and drink tooth-healthy foods and liquids. The bacteria that lead to decay are attracted to the sugar in food. Sucrose substances make it easier for cavities to develop. It's important to know what you and your children are consuming. After you consume food or a beverage that has a significant amount of sugar, it's encouraged to brush your teeth immediately.
- Inform your kids. Kids often copy their parents. Usually, parents are the initial ones who teach children how to brush their teeth, so it’s crucial to be a good example. Setting up routine cleanings is also another way to teach children the significance of maintaining great oral practices.
- Have fluoride treatments for prevention. Most dental professionals suggest routine fluoride treatments for children beginning at six years old until they’re 16 – 18 years old. However, in the event that an older patient is prone to getting decay, a professional fluoride treatment might be highly advantageous to their oral wellness. Our highly trained dentists in New Braunfels, TX perform fluoride treatments and could suggest a prescription fluoride toothpaste, mouthwash, or tablets to use between exams.
- Swish mouthwash. Mouthwash is necessary as an extra protection against cavities. Once you have brushed your teeth, you can use mouthwash to further reduce harmful oral bacteria and buildup.
- Flossing is essential. Brushing by itself isn’t effective in making sure cavities are kept away. Flossing is a critical step that a large number of people forgo. Flossing is able to access areas that toothbrushes can’t get to and also helps to eliminate food lodged between the teeth. This simple practice is efficient at helping to diminish the likelihood of cavities.
- Think about dental sealants. Tooth sealants are a great choice when it comes to avoiding decay. Sealants are a pliable material applied to the tops of the backmost teeth, or the premolars and molars. Dental sealants could help to reduce the individual's likelihood of decay in these areas since the crevices on top of your molars can trap harmful bacteria and cause them to be more vulnerable to damage.
- Brush every day. Even though this may seem obvious, brushing your teeth two times daily with dentist-approved toothpaste is an effective way to deter cavities. You can try singing a song mentally as you scrub your teeth for no less than two minutes.
Find out about the ideal method to clean your teeth
When you need to arrange twice-yearly dental cleanings and evaluations for you and your loved ones, please reach out to our comprehensive care dentistry facility in New Braunfels, TX for your appointment. These needed and preventive exams and cleanings can help to keep decay and issues from developing. As an additional benefit, you’ll certainly revel in how clean your teeth are after your biannual cleanings. Our remarkably talented dentists and staff will help you to be at ease and review the treatment techniques in detail. Our team can't wait to see you at ACE Dental of New Braunfels.